[R] FW: R graphics

Mcdonald, Grant grant.mcdonald08 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Aug 13 16:08:03 CEST 2009

From: Mcdonald, Grant
Sent: 13 August 2009 13:08
To: r-help at R-project.org
Subject: R graphics

Dear sir,

I am trying to create a barplot showing propotions,

 So my data is in the format of a vector containing 0s and 1s (i.e.successful or not) with a corresponding vector with two  catogorical levels.

success        age
1                     old
0                    young
0                     young
1                     old

I want to show a bar plot with a ylim=c(0,1) and an x-axis showing the two ages and the proportion of success only as filled bars.

after making success a factor and plotting against age using: plot(success~age)

the graphic shows age on the x and proportion on the yaxis as i want.  However for each age it shows the total proportion split into both success and failures.  I would however just like to show the prop successes without the failures stajed on top.

data frame is below:

successful	maleage
1	O
1	Y