[R] "Longer Dash" using lty

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 14:27:01 CEST 2009

?par

Look at line type specification:

Line Type Specification
Line types can either be specified by giving an index into a small
built-in table of line types (1 = solid, 2 = dashed, etc, see lty
above) or directly as the lengths of on/off stretches of line. This is
done with a string of an even number (up to eight) of characters,
namely non-zero (hexadecimal) digits which give the lengths in
consecutive positions in the string. For example, the string "33"
specifies three units on followed by three off and "3313" specifies
three units on followed by three off followed by one on and finally
three off. The ‘units’ here are (on most devices) proportional to lwd,
and with lwd = 1 are in pixels or points or 1/96 inch.

The five standard dash-dot line types (lty = 2:6) correspond to
c("44", "13", "1343", "73", "2262").