[R] problem selecting rows meeting a criterion

Jim Bouldin jrbouldin at ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 11 23:15:57 CEST 2009

Yes, thanks Steve and also to everyone else for helping me clear this up.
The issue was definitely the existence of other objects named X and Y that
I inadvertently referred to in my command statement.  Only when these
objects are removed AND the data frame in question is attached, will the
command I originally used work.  However, I see that it is much easier to
just use the subset function or perhaps the with function. Seems that R has
many painful lessons to teach. Thanks again.
Jim Bouldin