[R] sweave and R. Searching for a document that will get mestarted

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Mon Aug 10 16:57:44 CEST 2009

Windows XP
R 2.8.1

Last week I asked for help getting started with Sweave. It was suggested that I look into LaTeX. I am happy to do so, but as I do this, I need a source that will tell me how to set up and run Sweave. I don't expect to learn how to set up a LaTeX document from this source, but I would like to know, once a document is created how to get the LaTeX document to interact with Sweave and how I can produce a document that contains the results of my R session complete with graphs and text output. I
Thank you,
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

>>> Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> 8/7/2009 5:55 AM >>>
Hello,

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 9:26 AM, David Hajage<dhajage.r at gmail.com> wrote:
> The hard task is to learn LaTeX.

You can get around learning (much of) LaTeX by using Sweave with LyX.
You will find information in the r-help and lyx ML archives, and on
Google.
Liviu