[R] how to partitioning a clustered heatmap

Fededa Juan Pablo jpfededa at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Fri Aug 7 20:32:43 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I'm doing heatmap.2 graphics of matrix x with hclust clustering in the rows, as an argument in heatmap.2 .
The problem is that the heatmap contains 1000 genes, and I want to cut it in several pieces, but after the clustering.
If I use x[1:100,] as delimiting argument for the first 100 clustered rows(genes) in the matrix, it doesn't work, it takes the 100 first rows in the matrix and does the clustering over them, and not first the clustering over the 1000 genes and then graph the first 100 rows of the clustered matrix.
The entire argument of heatmap I'm using is something like this:

heatmap.2(x, scale="none", cexRow=0.00001, keysize=0.8, hclustfun = hclust, sepcolor="none",Colv=FALSE, dendrogram="row", trace=c("none"),density.info=c("none"))

If you can help me, will be great.
Thanks in advance,

juan

Juan Pablo Fededa