[R] Seeing negative numbers to zero

DebbieMB dbuehler2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 22:29:16 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am also new to R and I have a related question.  I am trying to set
negative values in a single column of a dataframe to zero and I can't seem
to do it.

I have tried:
KN1<-subset(KN,select=c(5))
# Here I am selecting the column of the dataframe KN1 and assigning it the
name KN2 - this step works
KN2<-ifelse(KN1<=0,0,KN1)
# Here I am trying to set negative numbers to zero and leave all other
numbers the same - this doesn't work

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Debbie