[R] Is there a 'vi' mode in R?

Trevor Davis Trevor.L.Davis at frb.gov
Fri Aug 7 20:04:05 CEST 2009

If you are using R in a *nix machine then R is usually compiled with
support for gnu-readline which does have a vi mode.

You need a file called ".inputrc" in your home directory containing the
following line:

	set editing-mode vi

in order to activate it.  It works exactly like the vi mode in bash
(which also uses gnu-readline).  I don't think you can get a vi mode for
the R command prompt in Windows.

Regards,

Trevor