[R] Select subset with specific distribution parameters.

sedm1000 gdoran at mit.edu
Thu Aug 6 16:59:17 CEST 2009

This may be a simple problem, but I am looking to select a subset of rows
from a dataframe that will have the same parameters as all the rows in
another dataframe.

e.g. I have a 500 row dataframe with 20 columns. I want to select a subset
of rows from a larger dataframe that match the distribution of values for
one or more of the columns within the 500 row dataframe (i.e. within same
range, but also having same mean/median and overall shape).

By basic subsetting I can get a set with a similar approximate distribution
to the 500 row dataset, but not highly similar, and this might be a problem
for the analysis. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.