[R] fitted.values less than observed values

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Aug 4 19:29:33 CEST 2009

On 4 Aug 2009, at 18:27, David Winsemius wrote:

> Your first posting made me think that you were complaining that the
> fitted values were less than the raw values. Your second posting makes
> me think that you may be conflating the English word "less" with  the
> word English "fewer". Many native speakers make the same error, but in
> this context it may be a critical problem for communicating what you
> are seeing (or not seeing).

ok, so what I meant is

length(mod$fitted) < length(observations)

> Perhaps you could be more expansive about what you see and what you
> expect with explicit attention to the numbers involved? Even better
> would be small *reproducible* example.

I'll have to cook that up, the data is more or less confidential. Not
very much but enough no to go on google ;)

--
Federico C. F. Calboli
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health

Tel +44 (0)20 75941602   Fax +44 (0)20 75943193

f.calboli [.a.t] imperial.ac.uk
f.calboli [.a.t] gmail.com