[R] Help with data type

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Tue Aug 4 01:57:58 CEST 2009

It's because Delta isn't a number. Or, more accurately,  Delta[1] and
Delta[i-1] are not numbers. The are objects that have a class, and
therefore an internal structure:

>  class(Delta[1])
[1] "xts" "zoo"

To understand what's going on, you need to understand the structure
of these classes, and what operations you can and can't do on them.
In the meantime, however, try

    as.numeric(Delta[i]) > as.numeric(Delta[i-1])

-Don