[R] principal component analysis for class variables

andreiabb andreia.fonseca at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:28:20 CEST 2009

Dear Forum,

I have a class variable 1 (populations A-E), and two other class variables,
variable 2 and variable 3. What I want is to see if the combination of var 2
and var 3, will give me a pattern that allows to distinguish populations.
I found several packages like ade4, with pcaiv function and factoMineR. but
there are not working. Using the ade4 package, when I try to build the pca:
 pca1 <- dudi.pca(D, scan = FALSE, nf = 2)
Error in v * row.w : non-numeric argument to binary operator

Does someone has suggestions?
Thanks,
Andy