[R] combine venn diagram and pie chart

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Mon Aug 3 11:24:37 CEST 2009

kevinchang wrote:
> Hi R users,
>
>  I am wondering if it there is R's function that can help  integrate venn
> diagram and pie chart to compare two related datasets.
>
> I know the package limma has something built-in for making venn diagram, but
> I guess it would be very painful to use line and text to specify the
> proportions in the fashion of pie chart .

Hi Kevin,
I might be completely off track, but the intersectDiagram function
(plotrix) shows the intersections of an arbitrary number of categories
as rectangles, the width of which is proportional to the number of
elements in each intersection.

Alternatively, you might be looking for something related to the
fan.plot function in which the sectors are overlapping. By adjusting the
overlap to the intersection of elements, you could sort of combine a
Venn diagram and a pie chart. Do you have any examples?

Jim