[R] Problem with RGtk2 & Rattle

Wayne Murray wayne.murray at medicareaustralia.gov.au
Sun Aug 2 07:59:03 CEST 2009

hI aLL

I feel with the great advice I am getting from Felix & Graham, that I am
finally making progress & I feel that finally I have identified the REAL
PROBLEM. Of cause I am unsure how I will solve it but that is another story.
The "trace" follows after following Grahams latest advice

Error in normalizePath(path) :
  path[1]="C:\Program Files\R\R-2.9.1\library/RSvgDevice": The system cannot
find the file specified
> local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available = TRUE)))
+ if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
Rattle: Graphical interface for data mining using R.
Version 2.4.86 Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Togaware Pty Ltd.
Type "rattle()" to shake, rattle, and roll your data.
> rattle()
Error in .RGtkCall("R_setGObjectProps", obj, value, PACKAGE = "RGtk2") :
  Invalid property tooltip-text!

There appears to be a problem with the path for the RSvgDevice, but I don't
know where that is stored & how I can change / edit the path

Thanks for your patience and understanding

Wayne

Graham Williams wrote:

> 2009/8/1 Felix Andrews <felix at nfrac.org>
>
>> Um, it sounds as if you are trying to install glade-3.4.3-win32.zip
>> into R as a package... but it is not an R package!!
>>
>> GTK+/Glade is a system library to be installed into Windows.
>> You should download the .exe (not the .zip)
>> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gladewin32/gtk-dev-2.12.9-win32-2.exe
>> and run it to install it.
>>
>> By the way, problems with rattle are best sent to the rattle-users
>> mailing
>> list:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/rattle-users
>>
>> -Felix
>>

> Also Wayne, I hope you are following the instructions at
>
>     http://datamining.togaware.com/survivor/Install_MS_Windows.html
>
> If there is any ambiguity there please let me know so I can make it
> clearer.
> I know of many who have installed Rattle following these, so they should
> work.
>
> (And thanks for the help Felix.)
>
> Regards,
> Graham
>

>> --
>> Felix Andrews / 安福立
>> Postdoctoral Fellow
>> Integrated Catchment Assessment and Management (iCAM) Centre
>> Fenner School of Environment and Society [Bldg 48a]
>> The Australian National University
>> Canberra ACT 0200 Australia
>> M: +61 410 400 963
>> T: + 61 2 6125 1670