[R] vglm{VGAM} output to Latex ?

Ugur Ozdemir ugurozdemir at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 02:35:32 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to put the summary output of vglm{VGAM} into a Latex table using mtable(Memisc}. I think I solved the problem regarding to the fact that vglm produces a "vglm" object which is not accepted by mtable by default defining a getSummary.vglm function.

However summary.vglm adds ":" to the end of the coefficient names followed by the factor level while using the multinomial model. So the coefficient names look like "(Intercept):1","(Intercept):2" etc. However this creates a problem in mtable:

"Error in strsplit(coefnames, ":", fixed = TRUE) : non-character argument"

Any suggestions ?

Or, are there any other general suggestions about putting vglm summary output into a Latex table using another method ?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Ugur