[R] Add columns in a dataframe and fill them from another table according to a criteria

Meenu Sahi meenusahi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 19:43:53 CEST 2009

Dear R users
My apologizes for not writing in the correct format due to my ignorance. In
the future I will write more clearly. I hope to contribute to the R
community in the process of picking up the language professionally.
I have now written the R code which is attached in a notepad file. I've
simplified my problem in an example of, table pstate which contains the
probabilities of getting certain changes in the four different states and a
dataframe mydata4 which contains all the changes connected to the four
different states. I would like to add the probabilities into mydata4 after
matching for the change and the state.
Everything before ##### output can be copy pasted in the R window. The
desired output is written after ###### OUTPUT
Must I write an if else or can I do it in an easier way?
Your help is greatly appreciated ! Many thanks for your patience.

Regards
Meenu