[R] Generalized linear models (GLM)

mathallan mathanmath at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 20:38:28 CEST 2009

Actually both max.loss and loss are known values (in dollars). I'm very much
doubt, what to choose.

glm(max.loss~loss,family=gaussian(link="identity")

or

glm(formula = sum ~ claims * as.factor(grp), family = gaussian(link =
"identity"))

or
glm(loss~max.loss,family=gaussian(link="identity")

we have to look at gaussian and gamma, with link identity and log.

But my problem is what is going to be between the ~