[R] Sem and nlm and ols instead of ml

Adam D. I. Kramer adik at ilovebacon.org
Sat Apr 25 01:35:51 CEST 2009

Dear colleagues,

 	Has anybody any experience using the sem package to fit structural
equation models using a fitting function other than ML? I have heard tell
that OLS may provide better estimates when using standardized matrices
generated from small sample sizes, so I was interested in comparing the two
for a few models. However, ML appears to be hard-coded into the source for
sem...but maybe there is some way around this.

 	So, if anybody has done this, has a hint as to how to do this, or
would be able to say that this is perhaps way too much trouble to try, I
would appreciate advice on the topic.

--
Adam D. I. Kramer
Ph.D. Candidate, Social and Personality Psychology
adik at uoregon.edu