[R] Running Scripting on Linux Machine

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Thu Apr 23 14:31:54 CEST 2009

Emacs speaks statistics ( http://ess.r-project.org/  ) is a very good
choice for you.  It allows single line,  selected lines or running of an
entire script from within emacs.

Steve Friedman Ph. D.
Spatial Statistical Analyst
Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Park
950 N Krome Ave (3rd Floor)
Homestead, Florida 33034

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Office (305) 224 - 4282
Fax     (305) 224 - 4147

             "Bronagh Grimes"
             <Bronagh.Grimes at d
             istinct.ie>                                                To
             Sent by:                  <r-help at r-project.org>
             r-help-bounces at r-                                          cc
             project.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [R] Running Scripting on Linux
             04/23/2009 09:31          Machine
             AM CET

Hi all,

I am new to using R on a Linux machine & I have a few questions on
set-up.  If anyone has experience in this area any advice would be
greatly appreciated.

-          When I open R I have the option to do the following:

o   'Run in Terminal'

o   'Display'

o   'Cancel'

o   'Run'

-          My only option to open a window such as we find in the
Windows version is to choose 'Run in Terminal'.

-          I really want to run a script where I can run sections of the
code each time.

-          As we know in Windows we have the option to 'Open New Script'
& from here can choose 'Run line or Selection'

-          In this version I can indeed save a script & open with
'Emacs', 'KWrite' OR 'Kate'.

-          But the only way I can run this script is to call the whole
script using the source() function.

-          Does anyone know how I can implement a script that I can run
as in the Windows version, whereby I can run one line at a time if I
wish for testing purposes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,