[R] memory.limit

Francisco J. Zagmutt gerifalte28 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 22 22:33:47 CEST 2009

Hello Stephen,

I can confirm that I get the same behavior in my Windows machine.  Here
is a summary:

 > memory.limit()
[1] 2046
 > memory.limit(2092)
Error in trunc(.Internal(memory.size(size))) :
   Non-numeric argument to mathematical function
 > memory.limit()
[1] 2092

As you described, the function reports an error but it indeed modified
the memory allocation limit.  This must be somehow related to the
modification to memory.limit() described in the release notes for
Windows R version 2.9.0
(http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/CHANGES.R-2.9.0)

 > version
                _
platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          9.0
year           2009
month          04
day            17
svn rev        48333
language       R
version.string R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17)

All: is this a bug or are we missing something?

Regards,

Francisco

__
Francisco J. Zagmutt