[R] doing zero inflated glmm for count data with fmr

levyofi levyofi at post.tau.ac.il
Mon Apr 20 15:23:41 CEST 2009

Hello R users,
Doing My PhD I collected count data which I believe is zero inflated. I have
run a statistical model with lmer and family=poisson and got
summary(model)@sigma=1 so I believe there is no overdispertion.  I would
like to use the fmr function from the 'gnlm' library but I just cannot
figure out from the examples in the help page and some forums out there how
to convert the lmer parameters to the one used in fmr...

I have these variables in the model:
  count: the number of logs in a foraging tray (this is the response
variable).
  ta: the ambient temperature at the foraging tray.
  habitat: the habitat type of the foraging tray.
  season: the season in which the experiment session took place (summer or
winter).
  moon: the moon phase (new or full).
  position: a random factor (I had 4 foraging stations)
  individual_id: a random factor indicating the individual foraged in the
tray.

This is the lmer parameters I have used:
model<-lmer(count~ta*habitat*season*moon + (1|individual_id) + (1|position),
data=countdata, family=poisson)

I would really appreciate the help. I love working with R and it really
changed the way I work with my data.
Thanks again,
Ofir.