[R] Sweave: Howto write real TeX formula in plot

cls59 sharpsteen at mac.com
Mon Apr 20 07:12:06 CEST 2009

baptiste auguie-2 wrote:

> Perhaps try the pgfSweave package on r-forge?
>
> http://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/pgfsweave/
>
> HTH,
>
> baptiste

Aye- the aim of the pgfSweave package is to make the integration of R and
TeX more seamless. Right now it does a great job with respect to fonts by
passing the actual typesetting and printing of figures off to LaTeX. This is
accomplished using the java utility eps2pgf and requires the PGF/TiKZ
package for LaTeX:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pgf/

The default behavior is to pass text directly to LaTeX unfiltered- this
means that things like percent signs and dollar signs will need to be
escaped by backslashes.

-Charlie

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen