[R] Tinn-R (Version 2.2.0.2) dose not support R 2.9.0 very well

Ken-JP kfmfe04 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 08:38:16 CEST 2009

Hi,

I used Tinn-R for a long time, but had real headaches on Vista (commands not
being sent, etc...) that were not resolved since R 2.8 or so.

Since then, I have switched to Eclipse/StatET.  The setup requires more
effort, but it is much easier to manage your own packages.  With the Eclipse
IDE and StatET functionality, it also becomes much easier to refactor your
code, if you are playing around with more than one or two .R files.

I have also found that with some tinkering, Eclipse/StatET also works on XP
Pro 32, Vista 32, and Ubuntu amd64.  Read this thread for more details and
google for the StatET website to download.  Having gotten used to StatET, it
would be extremely painful to go without it...

Good luck.

http://www.nabble.com/Eclipse-and-StatET-Howto-(also-added-Subversion,-Rtools)-td22764049.html#a22764049