[R] Reading in a large number of dbf files

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 17:55:54 CEST 2009

A process like the following is how I would do it:

inputData <- lapply(listOfFiles, function(.file){
    input <- read.table(.file, ....whatever other parameters...)
    # now do the modifications that you need
    input  # return the updated dataframe
})

# combine into one dataframe
inputData <- do.call(rbind, inputData)