[R] changing Swaeve output settings for .pdf and .eps - is there a way?

Mark Heckmann mark.heckmann at gmx.de
Thu Apr 16 15:07:50 CEST 2009

Is there a way to change the default settings for Sweave figure output?
Sweave produces an .eps and a .pdf file as output (7x7 inch). Changing pdf
defaults changes the pdf() function output size but does not affect the pdf
size produced by Sweave.

pdf.options(height=3)
pdf("myfile.pdf")
	plot(1:10)
dev.off()

--> graphic height is 3 inch

<<>>=
pdf.options(height=3)
@
<<fig=TRUE, echo=TRUE>>=
	plot(1:10)
@

--> graphic height is 7 inch

The pdf() settings do not affect Sweave settings when producing a .pdf
graphic. How can I change the Sweave default settings to e.g. 3 inch?

TIA, Mark

PS. I posted a similar matter a week ago
(https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2009-April/194352.html), but now I
think the question is much more precise.

Mark Heckmann
www.markheckmann.de
http://ryouready.wordpress.com