[R] problem with read.table

x to_rent_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 23:09:56 CEST 2009

Thank you for the reply. That format works but since I need access to x, y subsequent to lm() also, I tried the following but now I'm back to the same old error message of "object y not being found".

data_model.df = read.table("./verify.txt", header=TRUE, nrows=10);
dd = datadist(data_model.df);
options(datadist = 'dd');
describe(data_model.df);

f <- lm(y ~ x)
print( summary(f) )

plot(x, y)

I tried without "options" and "describe" and still the same problem.

Thanks again!