[R] using Sweave, how to save a plot in a given size

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Wed Apr 15 13:55:57 CEST 2009

Dear Lore,

The easiest thing to do is to write a function that saves your plot to a file and generates the latex code.

<<label=fig1, fig=FALSE, result = tex>>=
pdf("fig1.pdf", width = wid, heigth = hei)
	plot(1:10)
dev.off()
cat("\begin{figure}\")
cat("\includegraphics[width = ", wid, ", height = ", hei, "]{proj1-fig1}\"}
cat("\end{figure}")
@

HTH,

Thierry

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics, methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey