[R] Re : Running random forest using different training andtesting schemes

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Mon Apr 13 15:14:20 CEST 2009

The R News article we put out after the first version of the package was released has examples of doing CV.  You can also use the facilities in the caret package (on CRAN) or the MLInterface package (part of Bioconductor, not on CRAN).

randomForest() itself does not do CV per se, but the OOB estimates are very close to what you'd get from CV, without all the work.

Andy

From: Chrysanthi A.