[R] goodness of fit between two samples of size N (discrete variable)

jose romero jlaurentum at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 12 21:09:12 CEST 2009

Hello list:

I generate by simulation (using different procedures) two sample vectors of size N, each corresponding to a discrete variable and I want to text if these samples can be considered as having the same probability distribution (which is unknown).  What is the best test for that?
I've read that Kolmogorov-Smirnov and Anderson-Darling tests are restricted to continuous data (http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Ricci-distributions-en.pdf), while chi-square can handle discrete data, but how do i test (in R) equivalence of ditribution in 2 samples using it? Are there better tests than those i mentioned?

Thanks and regards,
jlrp