[R] _Possible_ work-round for normalizePath error (was Re: [Rd] Package (PR#13475))

S Ellison S.Ellison at lgc.co.uk
Sun Apr 12 00:33:19 CEST 2009

>>> Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de> 04/10/09 4:21 PM >>>
>Well, you need to ask Symantec to fix Norton, hence this is the
>wrong address.

That would not help other R users who were looking in the archives for
help with what looked like a mysterious normalizePath error, would it?

As I said, the principal intent of the posting was to point to a
possible work-round for other R users - i.e. temporarily disabling
on-access scanning in the antivirus package.

But that would have been better posted to R-help, so it's now cc'd there
with the original posting below in case anyone else out there can use
the tip.