[R] Two different scales for the same axis in the same plot.

George Chen glchen at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 10 19:37:31 CEST 2009

Hello,

Could anyone tell me how to plot data on two different scales in the same axis in the same plot?
Here is my quandary:
The range of my X axis runs from 0 to 10, but the majority of my meaningful data
lies between 7 and 10.  The data from 0 to 7 is essentially noise.
Is there a way for me to present my data such that the range from 0 to 7 takes
up a smaller amount of space on the graph compared to the range from 7 to 10
so that I can see more of the details in 7 to 10?

Thanks in advance,

George Chen