[R] MLE for bimodal distribution

_nico_ romano.nicola at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 22:12:13 CEST 2009

Ben Bolker wrote:

>   Here's some tweaked code that works.
> [cut]

Thanks, that saved me a few headaches. I also find out the answer to my
(dumb) question #5, which is obviously to call f with the returned
parameters or use the logLik function.

I will have a look at the mixture model problem, as you suggested.
Looking at my data I don't think I really need more than bimodal
distributions anyway, yet I was going to have a go at it mostly out of
curiosity.

Well, thank you very much again for your help! It was really appreciated.

Nico