[R] Genstat into R - Randomisation test

Mike Lawrence Mike.Lawrence at dal.ca
Wed Apr 8 19:00:39 CEST 2009

I was taught that Fisher proposed the F-test as a computationally
simpler approximation to what he called a "Randomization test",
consisting of exhaustive permutations. I never looked at the original
Fisher reference myself, so this may be false.

However, I haven't observed a consistent nomenclature when I have seen
these tests discussed, so I typically ensure to mention whether what
I'm doing is exhaustive or non-exhaustive.

I do see the value in your interpretation, and think it makes sense to
drop "randomization"  as a name (despite it's possible historical
significance) and start using "exhaustive permutation test" (to
contrast with "non-exhaustive permutation test").

--
Mike Lawrence
Graduate Student

Looking to arrange a meeting? Check my public calendar:
http://tinyurl.com/mikes-public-calendar

~ Certainty is folly... I think. ~