[R] Minimum Spanning Tree

jpearl01 joshearl1 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 18:12:55 CEST 2009

>I am not sure what you mean. Of course you can plot it using different
>layouts, e.g. with layout.reingold.tilford (after choosing the root
>vertex in some way) and then it looks like a usual tree plot, but why
>would that be any better?

I'd like to be able to distinguish between the nodes better.  For example
the image that I get looks like:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22954099/mst.gif mst.gif

The tree nodes are just too close together to be able to read.  I think the
problem might be that some distances between the nodes are *much* smaller
than other edges.    The graph does not need to be directed, since the
distance metric does not imply a direction. The most important part is just
being able to see and differentiate between the nodes, and right now they
seem to be all lumped together.  How can I make it more readable?

Thanks,
~josh