[R] R File I/O Capability - Writing output to specific lines of existing file

Jason Rupert jasonkrupert at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 16:13:01 CEST 2009

Currently I am using the R "write" command to output results to a *.txt file and then copying those results into an initialization file.  In an attempt to continue to automate the process I would like to have R write to the location in the existing initialization file, instead of me copying the data over.

By any chance are there any R commands to help?

Primarily, I will be using Windows, and the initialization file is a simple flat file, i.e. not XML or binary.

I looked at:
(a) http://www.stat.ucl.ac.be/ISdidactique/Rhelp/library/R.io/html/00Index.html

(b) http://search.r-project.org/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=File+I%2FO&max=100&result=normal&sort=score&idxname=functions&idxname=Rhelp08

But, this did not appear to provide the functionality to edit an existing file by adding information to the middle of the file.

Thank you again for any help and insight.