[R] Newton method again

Roslina Zakaria zroslina at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 04:31:56 CEST 2009

Hi Rolf,

I would like to extend the problem that I asked you before regarding the newton method using 4 functions with 4 parameters.  My functions involve the modified bessel function of the first kind which I can type them without any problem.
The big problem is the Jacobian matrix.
I use Maple 11.0 to get the algebraic expression for the Jacobian matrix.  The problem is that the Jacobian matrix is so complicated and it is quite impossible to type the expression as I end up of more than 50 pages for the algebraic form of the Jacobian.  Can you suggest any method to solve the problems?

Thank you so much for your attention and help.

Roslina.