[R] Annotation rgl plot

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Apr 7 17:23:51 CEST 2009

On 4/7/2009 10:31 AM, Yuri Volchik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i was wondering if there is a way to annotate rgl plot, after searching i
> haven't found anything suitable. I saw function text3d but was thinking more
> about text on the margin, so not interactive.

rgl currently only sets up one coordinate system, so whatever text you
put on a plot will move when you move the plot.  Over the summer I'm
hoping to add a number of features that would allow what you want, but
they aren't there yet.

If you don't mind having the text move, you can write it outside of the
data area by setting par3d(ignoreExtent=TRUE); this will not count in
bounding box calculations.

Duncan Murdoch