[R] Search for a graph package - see link

Gábor Csárdi csardi at rmki.kfki.hu
Tue Apr 7 14:11:04 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Knut Krueger <rh at krueger-family.de> wrote:
> Gábor Csárdi schrieb:
>>
>> Hi Knut,
>>  What about subtracting one?
>>
>> graph(data-1, directed=TRUE)
>>

> yes that is what i mean and did with 0 to n-1
> but the  item numbers in all other figures are from 1 to n

Hmmm, what figures in particular? On the screenshots? I can't seem to
see any of them going from 1 to n. But anyway, you can set the
'vertex.label' argument of 'plot' to whatever you want. Please read
?igraph.plotting about how to set plotting parameters.

>>> 2. is it possible to change the thickness of the lines depending of the
>>> interactions between the nodes automatically?
>>>

>> It depends what you mean by 'automatically'.
>
> means: Do I have to calculate by myself that there are 4 1> 0
> 2 2 >1
> 1 2>0
> 1 1>3
> or is there any "switch" to set  the different V(g)$size and E(g)$width
> to get the following result:
>
> iigraph_data <-c(1,0, 1,0, 1,0, 1,0, 2,1, 2,0, 2,1, 1,3)
> g <- graph( igraph_data,n=max(igraph_data), directed=TRUE )
> V(g)$size <- c(40,20,10,10)
> E(g)$width <- c(4,4,4,4,2,1,1,1)
> E(g)$arrow.size <- 1
> plot.igraph(g, layout=layout.kamada.kawai, vertex.label.font=2)

Hmmm, how should 'plot' know automatically what size/width you want?
Sorry, I don't really know what you want to achieve here. If you want
to calculate the width from some properties of the graph, then simply
do that and assign it as the 'width' argument.

G.

Gabor Csardi <Gabor.Csardi at unil.ch>     UNIL DGM