[R] parse_Rd() Version 2 on Japanese Vista 32 (encoding problems)

Ken-JP kfmfe04 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 12:55:32 CEST 2009

Hi Duncan,

I tried

\encoding{latin1}

and it gave me the same result as

\encoding{UTF-8}

In other words, no errors, but I plenty of warnings from

Warning in grep("^[[:blank:]]*\n?$", x, perl = TRUE) :
  perl = TRUE is only fully implemented in UTF-8 locales

Thanks in advance for any updates/fixes to this problem.

There are enough warnings that it obfuscates other warnings/errors, so I
actually check-in to my personal SVN and then check-out to retest on 2.8.1
English or 2.9alpha English before certifying the check-in as passing R CMD
Check.

- Ken