[R] line argument in mtext for axis ?

Daren Tan darentan76 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 10:27:27 CEST 2009

Previously, I wasn't aware that axis() supports "las" arguments, and
as a result, I used axis() for the ticks and mtext() to rotate the
labels perpendicular to the axis. Now, I hope to cleanup my codes by
combining the axis() and mtext() codes into a single axis(), the only
issue is that much of my mtext() codes set the "line" argument to some
values. The "line" argument in axis() doesn't work the same way
according to the help page, is there an equivalent argument in axis()
that functions identically to the "line" argument in mtext() ?