[R] Eclipse and StatET Howto (also added Subversion, Rtools)

Ken-JP kfmfe04 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 12:33:13 CEST 2009

Peter Dalgaard wrote:

> Hum.. Fedora 9 doesn't have it either.
>
> It does have /usr/share/X11/rgb.txt though, so please check whether it
> has moved. I'm curious as to why (only) R/tcltk would be confused by
> this sort of thing.

If you check here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/300935

You will find many other unhappy apps:
emacs
xterm
vnc
freeNX
netpbm
x3270
stage

and any others that uses names in place of rgb codes for X11.

Like one of the posters said, I don't care for arguing whether or not the
file should be made obsolete or not.  All I know is, removing it breaks some
very basic programs.

- Ken