[R] Discriminant analysis - posterior prob

MarcioRibeiro mestat at pop.com.br
Fri Apr 3 21:37:46 CEST 2009

Hi listers,
I have a statistical question corcerning the posteriori probability of a
discriminant analysis.
I am calculating the probabilities under R using the formula.
posteriori_j=exp(q_j(y))/sum(q_j(y))
qj(y) is my quadratic discriminant function for the case where my covariance
matrix are proportional with y=(y1,y2) et j=1,2 groups
My doubt is how I could calculate this ratio when my dimension (number of
observations) is different for each j group.
Thanks in advance,
Marcio