[R] help with ggplot2 -- ggpoint function missing?

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at openanalytics.be
Wed Apr 1 23:51:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I'm trying to follow the ggplot introduction here:
> http://had.co.nz/ggplot/ggplot-introduction.pdf
>
> I've installed ggplot2 with install.packages("ggplot2", dep=T)
> but when I try to run
> print(ggpoint(p, list(colour = sex)))
> I get an error:
> Error in print(ggpoint(p, list(colour = sex))) :
>   could not find function "ggpoint"
>
> What is the problem? Has the function been renamed in the ggplot -> ggplot2
> transition?

ggplot2 has seen many improvements and still is under active
development. Rather than find out what ggpoint was about
and what happened to it, you might want to discover the
current version using the following book as an introduction:

http://had.co.nz/ggplot2/book/

There also is a targeted e-mail list whose archives
may be instructive

http://groups.google.com/group/ggplot2

HTH,
Tobias