[R] CORRECTION: Re: Multicollinearity with brglm?

woodbomb jsr1950 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:26:33 CEST 2009

I'm running brglm to do binomial loguistic regression.

The perhaps multicollinearity-related feature(s) are:

(1) the k IVs are all binary categorical, coded as 0 or 1;
(2) each row of the IVs contains exactly C (< k) 1's; (I think this is the
source of the problem)
(3) there are n * k unique rows, where n is as much as 10;
(4) when brglm is run, at least 1 IV is reported as involving a singularity
and this occurs for nearly every choice of k, n.

How should I go about computing estimates for the offending IVs? I'm
interested primarily in the reliability of the parameter estimates.