[R] Does R support double-exponential smoothing?

Gerard M. Keogh GMKeogh at justice.ie
Wed Apr 1 11:47:38 CEST 2009

Fit an ARIMA(0,2,2) model - it's the same thing and you'll get the MLE of
the smoothing parameter for free.
Use logs if you want a multiplicative model.

Gerard

             Stephan Kolassa
             <Stephan.Kolassa@
             gmx.de>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  minben <minbenh at gmail.com>
             r-help-bounces at r-                                          cc
             project.org               r-help at r-project.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [R] Does R support
             31/03/2009 11:11          double-exponential smoothing?

Hi,

ets() in Hyndman's forecast package allows you to specify which one of
the many smoothing variants (additive/multiplicative season, damped
trend, additive/multiplicative errors) you want.

HTH,
Stephan

minben schrieb:
> I want to use double-exponential smoothing to forecast time series
> datas,but I couldn't find it in the document,does R support this
> method?

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  It is the policy of the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform and the Agencies and Offices using its IT services to disallow the sending of offensive material.
Should you consider that the material contained in this message is offensive you should contact the sender immediately and also mailminder[at]justice.ie.

Is le haghaidh an duine nó an eintitis ar a bhfuil sí dírithe, agus le haghaidh an duine nó an eintitis sin amháin, a bheartaítear an fhaisnéis a tarchuireadh agus féadfaidh sé go bhfuil ábhar faoi rún agus/nó faoi phribhléid inti. Toirmisctear aon athbhreithniú, atarchur nó leathadh a dhéanamh ar an bhfaisnéis seo, aon úsáid eile a bhaint aisti nó aon ghníomh a dhéanamh ar a hiontaoibh, ag daoine nó ag eintitis seachas an faighteoir beartaithe. Má fuair tú é seo trí dhearmad, téigh i dteagmháil leis an seoltóir, le do thoil, agus scrios an t-ábhar as aon ríomhaire. Is é beartas na Roinne Dlí agus Cirt, Comhionannais agus Athchóirithe Dlí, agus na nOifígí agus na nGníomhaireachtaí a úsáideann seirbhísí TF na Roinne, seoladh ábhair cholúil a dhícheadú.
Más rud é go measann tú gur ábhar colúil atá san ábhar atá sa teachtaireacht seo is ceart duit dul i dteagmháil leis an seoltóir láithreach agus le mailminder[ag]justice.ie chomh maith.