[R] CLARA and determining the right number of clusters

Christian Hennig chrish at stats.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 30 14:52:36 CEST 2008

Hi there,

generally finding the right number of clusters is a difficult problem and
depends heavily on the cluster concept needed for the particular
application.
No outcome of any automatic mathod should be taken for granted.

Having said that, I guess that something like the example given in
> ?pam.object
(replacing pam by clara) should work with clara, too.

Regards,
Christian