[R] box-whisker plot from pre-summarized data?

Avram Aelony aavram at mac.com
Mon Sep 29 23:27:27 CEST 2008

Hello,

Although my summary descriptives are generated outside of R (dataset
is huge), I would like to produce a box-whisker plot using bxp or
perhaps a function from the ggplot2 library using the precomputed
summaries.

My dataset currently contains 10 rows (one row per week) with the
following columns: weekno (the week over which values have been
summarized), minimum, 25th and 75th percentile, median, mean, and max
values.  Any suggestions on how I can plot this in R to produce a box-
whisker plot (one box per week of data) ?  I have seen http://
finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/graphics/html/bxp.html but am not
sure how to shape my summarized data correctly to produce the plot.

Many thanks in advance,
Avram