[R] HOW to use the Hosmer–Lemeshow test‏ in R

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Sep 26 04:42:24 CEST 2008

leo_wa wrote:
> i want to know how to use the Hosmer–Lemeshow test‏ in R. Can anyone show me
> the program to me and tell me how to use it?

Please read the archives as this question has been posed many times in
the past few years.  My answer is always the same: read the following
article and see the residuals.lrm function in the Design package.  -Frank

@ARTICLE{hos97com,
   author = {Hosmer, D. W. and Hosmer, T. and {le Cessie}, S. and
Lemeshow, S.},
   year = 1997,
   title = {A comparison of goodness-of-fit tests for the logistic
regression
           model},
   journal = Stat in Med,
   volume = 16,
   pages = {965-980},
   annote = {goodness-of-fit for binary logistic model;difficulty with
            Hosmer-Lemeshow statistic being dependent on how groups are
            defined;sum of squares test;cumulative sum test;invalidity
of naive
            test based on deviance;goodness-of-link function;simulation
setup}
}