[R] Installing R 2.7.2 on Windows with /LOADINF flag doesn't do anything

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Sep 23 13:11:47 CEST 2008

On 23/09/2008 5:27 AM, michael watson (IAH-C) wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to install R from a script, so am following
> http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#Can-I-customize-t
> he-installation_003f.
>
> I first installed R with the /SAVEINF="r_install_config.txt" flag and it
> created a nice text file for me - perfect.
>
> I then uninstalled R, and re-installed from DOS with:
>
> R-2.7.2-win32.exe /LOADINF="r_install_config.txt"
>
> Windows loaded up the installer anyway, and even worse, none of the
> options I had changed were set in the installer, they were still the
> defaults.
>
> Am I using that flag incorrectly?!

The installer is built with Inno Setup (see www.innosetup.com).  I just
tried the lines above, and I see that some of the defaults are changed,
but not all.  The "startup options" do not get saved in the file.  These
are not standard Inno Setup settings, we customized them for R.

You can avoid the dialogs by using /SILENT or /VERYSILENT command line
options.

I've asked on the Inno Setup newsgroup whether there is support for
saving custom options in the INF file.  If so, I'll try to fix this for
2.8.0.

Duncan Murdoch