[R] R-2.7.2 infected?

Dave DeBarr Dave.DeBarr at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 23 08:05:28 CEST 2008

> Did you check the md5 checksum on it?

Yes; it matched: 540090dd892657804d1099c54d6f770d

> You're the first to report it, and 2.7.2 has been out for almost a month, so I think it's likely that the CRAN copy is uninfected.

Sounds promising.  Perhaps it's a false positive from eTrust.

> If it matches and you still get the virus checker reporting, please let me know the details about that infection

eTrust still reports the signature match for Win32/Adclicker.JO; but I don't know anything about Win32/Adclicker.JO.  Unfortunately, eTrust doesn't provide a link to a description of Win32/Adclicker.JO.

For what it's worth, I'm using version 7.1.710 of Computer Associates eTrust Antivirus (with version 31.6.6099 of its signature file).

I'll try to find out more.

Thanks,
Dave