[R] How to plot "greater than" symbol on the x-axis

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sun Sep 21 15:38:13 CEST 2008

Dear Bingshan,

It isn't entirely clear what you want to do. I think that you want the
"greater-than-or-equal-to" symbol, not "greater than," but by itself or in
an expression? For the first, xlab=expression("" >= ""), and for the second,
e.g., xlab=expression(x >= x[min]). More generally, see ?plotmath.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor
Department of Sociology